|By Evelio Perez|
You ever totally lose yourself and become this raging animal that you don't recognize?
You guessed it! you were probably in your car, in a hurry, trying to get to work or even trying to get home after a tough day at the office.
So what is the problem then? It's those slow drivers on the left lane, some really ignorant to your needs person gets in your way! It's the texters, it's the chronic phone users, the hand gestures!!!!!!
There should be a law!!!!!
The statistics say that nine people will die and more than 1,000 will be injured in crashes caused by texters, phone users, or people not paying attention to their driving. Do you really need to check your Facebook page on the way home?
- 1,600,000 accidents per year – National Safety Council
- 330,000 injuries per year – Harvard Center for Risk Analysis Study
- 11 teen deaths EVERY DAY – Ins. Institute for Hwy Safety Fatality Facts
- Nearly 25% of ALL car accidents
- About 6 times more likely to cause an accident than driving intoxicated
- The same as driving after 4 beers – National Hwy Transportation Safety Administration
- The number one driving distraction reported by teen drivers
- Makes you 23 times more likely to crash – National Hwy Transportation Safety Administration
- Is the same as driving blind for 5 seconds at a time – VA. Tech Transportation Institute
- Takes place by 800,000 drivers at any given time across the country
- Slows your brake reaction speed by 18% – Human Factors & Ergonomics Society
- Leads to a 400% increase with eyes off the road